If you have any queries or concerns regarding these practices, you should contact us at email@example.com
1. The Information we collect
2. Registration information
When you use and/or register with http://shop.avonscouts.org.uk we ask for your name, email address and postal code. We usually also capture your IP address at the time you register.
3. Sharing of data
We may share data supplied by you (or collected about you) with other parts of the Scouts such as Unity (Scout insurance services) or Scout Adventures (activity centres that provide experiences to Scouts and their families). In addition, where only it is necessary, we may provide some information to our trusted third parties. Here is the policy we apply to those organisations to keep your data safe and protect your privacy:
- We only provide information needed for those specific third party services and nothing more.
- Your data will only be used for the exact purposes specified that we detail in our contracts with them.
- We work closely to ensure your privacy is respected and protected at all times.
- If we stop using a third party service then any of your data held by them will be either deleted or rendered anonymous with no connection to your identity.
Examples of the third parties we work with:
- IT and web companies who support our website and other critical business systems.
- Operational companies such as delivery couriers.
- Direct marketing companies who help us manage our electronic communications with you.
- Google/Facebook/Twitter/Instagram to show you products that might interest you while you’re browsing the internet. This is based on either your marketing consent or your acceptance of cookies on our websites. See point 6 for our Cookies Notice.
- Data insight companies to ensure your details are up to date and accurate.
4. Legal jurisdiction
All personal information and details held on and processed by computers situated in the United Kingdom.
5. Disclosure of data by order of a Court and Security
We reserve the right to communicate a customer’s personal information as we hold to third parties who are empowered by regulation, statute or order of a court. We have security measures in place to protect our customer database. Access to this database is restricted internally. However, it remains each customer’s responsibility:
- to keep their password secret
- to protect against unauthorised access to your personal details.
http://shop.avonscouts.org.uk uses small files known as “cookies” to enhance your use of the site. Cookies are small files that may be placed by a website on a user’s PC. They are used to store information that may be needed while browsing the site, or on a future visit. This may include personal data, or anonymous information such as previously visited pages or items stored in the shopping basket.
7. The Data Protection Act 2018
How long we retain your data
You can obtain further information about data protection laws by visiting the Information Commissioners website at www.gov.uk/data-protection/the-data-protection-act.
Avon Adventure Shop complies with the GDPR regulation that was enforced in May 2018. This means we take the care of your data very seriously and take measures to keep all your personal data safe. Only storing information that is absolutely necessary.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
f you want to contact us to raise any questions about this privacy statement, or any general matters relating to http://shop.avonscouts.org.uk, you can contact via our Contact Us page at https://shop.avonscouts.org.uk/contact-us/
9. Google Analytics
- Type of user agent (web browser) used, software manufacture and version number.
- Type of operating system
- Screen colours (colour processing ability of the users screen)
- Flash version
- Screen resolution
- Network location and IP address (can include country, city, state, region, county, or other geographic data, hostname or bandwidth (internet connection speed))
- Time of visit
- Pages visited
- Time spent on each page of the website
- Referring site statistics (the website (URL) the user came through in order to arrive at this website (example: clicking on a hyperlink from Yahoo.com that took the user to this website)
- Search engine query used (example: typing in a phrase into a search engine like Google, and clicking on a link from that search engine).
This data is only used to optimize our website for our visitors. This data DOES NOT include any personalised identification information such as:
- Phone Numbers
- Email Addresses
- Mailing Addresses
- Bank Account Numbers
- Credit Card Information